Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Helen Keller - Words of Liquid Gold

                                              
                                                
                                                 Helen Keller - Words of Liquid Gold


"Once I knew only darkness and stillness . . . my life was without past or future . . . but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living."

Helen Keller
1880 -1968

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing . . ." 

3 comments:

Terry Fenwick said...

My husband, Tom, was in the Navy hospital in WWII. Helen Keller came to visit. She walked through -met the men - all of them - it was the highlight of the war for these sailors. Tom would talk about her visit as though it had just happened last week. The visit was so embedded in his memory. Just think - he knows her now - they talk about that visit. I am sure he has told her about me. How sweet is that!

Unknown said...

Pretty darned sweet!

Terry Fenwick said...

Birth and death are the most exciting things about life. Both can be painful but they end in pure beauty.