Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CROSS OF ASHES - Father Gabriel Flores

Lord, at the beginning of this Lent, me, as a member of your people, I want to go to the desert marked with a Cross of ashes on my forehead.

That cross is the sign of the close unity between my human condition and my Christian Hope.

Lord let arise the light on me! Make this journey on the desert be like a mirror where  I may come face to face to myself with honestly; be able to see my own poverty and contradictions.

Lord, give me the courage to look at myself as I am: Son of God, made of dust, salt of the earth, light of the world, a sinner ... but above all, somebody loved and desired by your infinite Mercy.

Do not let me fell into the temptations of the evil forces that want to separate me from you.

Take my undecided hearth into your loving hands.

Since the dawn of each day fill my thoughts, inspire my words.  Put my works in the straight line of your Gospel.

Make of my omissions a ferment for tomorrow.

Make that, guided by the Spirit, I may grow in the discernment in a such way that my "yes" is a true "yes" and my "no" a real "no" .

And if in the course of my spiritual combat my strength goes away and I will go away from you, put in my mouth a cry that reaches to your heart of Father: "Lord. Have mercy on me! "

Blessed defeat where to lose everything is to win everything!

Then you will ask me: "do you love me?" and I'll tell you: "Lord, you know everything, you know that I love you "

No comments: