Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Great Thing Happened to Me on January 26, 2010

A Great Thing Happened to Me this Morning - Terry Fenwick




I am a widow and our sons call me regularly. Chris often calls on the way to his office and/or on the way home but, anytime I call him, he stops what he is doing, if he can, and talks to me. Ted calls almost every day on his way home from work just to check in and see how I am doing. They all talk to me when I call them. They are good at that. Tom calls often for business but, also on his way home or if he goes out to pick up pizza he calls. This is uninterrupted time for all of them - no phones, etc.. Tim calls more than once a day on an average - sometimes 3 x as he is arranging something with me for a lunch or to bring over something - really sweet? Tim also calls me about music or something fun he has sent to me. He is very attentive. Jon? Jon has young children but he still makes time. Recently he picked up artichoke soup from Duarte's and came by on his way home from work. Jon calls and returns my calls to his cell always and/or when he has something great to report. After a doctor appointment - he is a diabetic - and if he has "great news" I get to hear it right after he calls Christine. That is the 5 who live here in our area.

This morning Chris called -- on his way to his office -- and first they (all) always ask how I am and this morning I told Chris I was great and my legs were so much better and they had been the worst ever yesterday and the day before - - - booo hoooo - - - he sighed . . . sadly. I said, "You know I just don't want to be a bother - I want to plan my life so I don't have to need things and worry you guys - just don't want that - and need to figure out everything so I just won't be a worry."

THIS IS THE GREAT THING! Chris said, without missing a beat, "You know, Mother, how you taught us about tithing? You and Dad taught us about the blessings we would receive from believing God's Word in Malachi and it was the only place God ask us to "test Him"? Well, he said, "Think of this? You are depriving us of a learning experience and the blessing we will get by helping you if you don't tell us you need us." Then he followed up saying, "I always feel so great when I have come over for anything you need and helped you."

TELL ME IF I AM NOT BLESSED!!!! Do you love my life? I need to write about this someway. But for right now - isn't this sweet

2 comments:

Terry Fenwick said...

So today, over a year later, I found this note I had written on January 26, 2010 and there was nothing else to add. Maybe a picture or something fun but this is about as nice as it can be.

Unknown said...

You are very blessed indeed. Yes, I LOVE your life and it is so very sweet!