Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Saturday, May 28, 2011

When Your Love Has Gone . . . Soul Song

Thomas Clinton Fenwick
April 17, 1927 - May14, 2006



SOUL SONG
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there;  I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry, 
I am not there; I did not die.  

Mary Elizabeth Frye - 1932 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOIfHey8eo

4 comments:

Faith on the High Wire said...

That's lovely. Thanks for sharing this poem and the beautiful picture.

I hope you don't weep, but pray. It is a worthy and noble practice to pray for the Holy Souls. I try to pray for the Holy Souls everyday -- especially for the one that is nearest heaven. It's certainly appropriate today, Memorial Day. God bless all those who gave all.

You and Thomas are in my prayers. :o)

Terry Fenwick said...

The identity of the author of the poem was unknown until the late 1990s, when Frye revealed that she had written it. Her claim was later proven by Abigail Van Buren.[1] The poem was written in 1932 she was born 1905.
Curious as she must have sent it to Dear Abby or ??? Great excursion to find this. I love the poem

Libby Bartley said...

"The accidents of life separate us from our dearest friends, but let us not despair. God is like a looking glass in which souls see each other. The more we are united to Him by love, the nearer we are to those who belong to Him." Elizabeth Ann Seton

Terry Fenwick said...

So lovely, Libby. As a strong believer there is so much beauty in birth and death. Knowing that someone you love is in a better place cannot be anything but happiness.