Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Live the Great Adventure of the Life GOD has Planned


" I would like to very simply say that you and I are the beloved daughters and sons of God. And that's very hard to claim because very quickly we think that we are what we do. That we are what other people say about us. That we are what we have. But the real truth that Jesus announces is that we are like Jesus Himself, the beloved Child of God" Henri Nouwen
    • ALWAYS Begin with GOD - not with us - not with me, myself and I. Begin with GOD. Our life is about what HE designed for us to do - before we were in our Mother's womb, as Jeremiah tells us, Jeremiah 1: 55* "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Find that design - that plan - the plan HE has for us, and then, our job? BE OPEN TO HIS PLAN - pray to be equal to the task - do it as HE has designed and live the Great Adventure of life HE has planned for us. HE knows the plan HE has for us - ask HIM to show you. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  TF

      Question for my day:  What did you plan for me before I was in my Mother's womb, Father?  Turn me around three times - spin me around, show me what you designed for me to do.  I know you will make me equal to the task. 

3 comments:

Gabriella said...

Embracing this mandate with all my heart...on this Holy Feast of Mary, Mother of God, lead us on to JESUS, dearest Handmaid!!!

Joan Barber said...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1: 55
One of my favourite scripture readings.

On this New Year's Day and Solemnity of Mary. I thank Our Blessed Mother for always interceding for us, always showing us the way to perfection, always leading us to perfect obedience to her Son's will.

Terry Fenwick said...

What wonderful NY comments from two of my favorite people. Love, T