Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Prayer of C. S. Lewis

Prayer of C. S. Lewis



"My prayers, my God, flow from what I am not; I think your answers make me what I am. Like weary waves thought follows upon thought, But still depth beneath is all your own, And there you move in paths to us unknown. Out of strange strife your peace is strangely wrought; If the lion in us pray — you answer the lamb." 

Clive Staple Lewis aka C. S. Lewis

Reminds me of these verses:

Isaiah 11:5* Righteousness shall be the girdle of his waist, and faithfulness the girdle of his loins. 6* The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. 7 The cow and the bear shall feed; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 The sucking child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. 9 They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 65:25* The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox; and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain, says the LORD."

For all the animal lovers - such a peace it will be one day

No comments: