Saints

Saints
Saints We Love

Friday, June 10, 2011

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Being all fashioned of the self-same dust, 
let us be merciful as well as just"
~~~
five more Longfellow quotes 
~~~
"The nearer the dawn the darker the night."

"I stay a little longer, as one stays, to cover up the embers that still burn."

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books."

"A torn jacket is soon mended; but hard words bruise the heart of a child."

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I a quote collector and these are so good. I love the torn jacket one. My passion is encouragement and it hurts to think of anyone using hard words to a child.

I'm here from "Pay it Forward." You're certainly a worthy writer to be included.